Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2021: Brooklyn
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 20:37:44 -0500

We spent a good part of yesterday afternoon in Brooklyn, near the waterfront
at the bottom of Grand Street. This is a neighbour I used to visit when we
lived in New Jersey in the 1990s and would come into the city on Sundays to
visit my wife?s aunt in Wiliamsburg. Back then, the words used to describe
the place would be multi-ethnic but also seedy, run-down, and frankly also
somewhat dangerous (during one of our first visits to Williamsburg, in 1990,
someone was shot on the street while we were visiting).

Today, Brooklyn is a very different place. 30 years ago, we never saw this
kind of people in the street:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LrRJs4d/A

The derelict waterfront is now a nice park called Domino Park, with nice
views of Manhattan:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LKP3SJM/A

And there is also a great little dog park under the Williamsburg Bridge:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9NKCvvX/A

A most enjoyable place.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2021: Brooklyn)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2021: Brooklyn)