Subject: [Leica] My last film of the Year!
From: jassechan at gmail.com (Jasse Chan)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 18:05:22 -0700

Dear Lluis

Happy New Year!

Here in sleepy Calgary, we have been thrust into a polar vortex -
experiencing -40 to -50 wind chill temperatures.

I have 3 daughters:  a 19 year old, a 16 year old and a 3 year old.  This
year, Christmas was magical again - because our 3 year old brought back the
wonder that makes Christmas Amazing.

Lluis - I managed to snag a used Leica M9 Monochrom - and your work with
the Nocti inspired me to do that.  I've attempted some pics as our
family photographer, and I will share them with you when I puzzle through
how.

That being said

I LOVE the pics you posted here!  You really do have a world-class talent
with street photography to capture a mood / moment that one would otherwise
neglect as 'boring everyday life' and I consider myself lucky that I get to
communicate with you here!

"A coffee at the Sun" stands apart.  I recognize that Street Photography is
voyeuristic - however in this image - you can see her eyes.  I honestly
think that's what makes me go back to it.  The darkness in the background
against the light that shines on her only intensifies the focus - and one
can't help but wonder what's on her mind?  I love that you are able to
capture this - and in doing so - you tell a story.

>From the emails I've seen, it sounds like you are out of the weeds, and
your wife is healthy - I was so glad to hear that.

I hope you were able to enjoy a wonderful new years eve.

I have a Grand Cru waiting for me while we pretend to be dragons chasing
our 3 year old around.

I can't wait to see what you capture in 2022!

To the rest of the LUGers and Leica M Users -  Happy New Years from sleepy
Calgary!

Jasse