Subject: [Leica] Some pictures from 2020 and one from 2009
From: jassechan at gmail.com (Jasse Chan)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 10:47:11 -0700

Dear Lluis

Thanks so much for posting these!

I must admit - in my opinion - the most striking of all of them is "The Way
to Paradise".  You've done so many things right!

   - You've centred the couple walking away in the dead centre of your
   image.
   - You've achieved magic by balancing the sunlight coming in at the top
   of the image with the light bouncing off the bottom step of the stairway.
   - This is also an amazing lesson on composition lending itself to
   depth!  The image captures 5 to 6 layers of this.
   - The framing of the archway is excellent, and the dynamic range of your
   skill / the M8 / the Tri-Elmar has captured the detail of the stonework!

This one is a keeper for sure and one of your most striking!

I got into photography because I lived in Switzerland, and I had kids.  To
capture images that speak to you is one thing, but to also 'record-keep'
pictures of loved ones can make this opportunity even more meaningful,  I
feel like the photos of your grandkids are a picture into your personal
life - and I'm always thankful that you share these.

"Going back home" is a great shot because it tells a story, and it
demonstrates your skill with a wide dynamic range (the sun, and the
darkness of the alley), as well as your skill with composition by using the
lines of the buildings and his long shadow to create depth.

Thank you for sharing these!  Mining these pictures from your scanned film,
your smaller M8 files and other sources takes time, and I think I speak for
all of us, when I say I am filled with gratitude that you spend the time to
do this for all of us.

All the Best Lluis!

Jasse