Subject: [Leica] Questions about using NAS with LR
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 11:05:11 +0200

Sorry for hijacking Frank's thread a bit ...

I also have a sinology device (DS220+) that I use for time machine by wi-fi.
My catalogs are saved as a result. Not, if I?m not mistaken, the original
files which I keep on an external HD. So I sometimes plug that HD onto the
sinology via USB and save the latest original files as a backup, just in
case. I guess if something happened to the Mac, I?d be able to reconnect the
restored Mac content (here LR and catalogs) to the files either from the HD,
or from the sinology backup in case the external HD had failed ( too ). I
presume the edits are somewhere between here and there preserved on the
Adobe cloud.

Note that I?m using one single computer for photo editing, so the problem
might be different (re)synchronising several computers.

Brian please, tell me where I?m wrong, if I am.

Amities

Yellow belt Philippe, trying to make progress :-)