Subject: [Leica] Questions about using NAS with LR
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 15:32:42 -0700

I read somewhere that to use LR Classic with a (Synology) NAS you can
place your images on the NAS? then place the catalog on your local
computer.?? Apparently LR requires the catalog to be local, and not on
the NAS.

When you have more than 1 computer, this article said to copy the
catalog to each computer you have, and then to BACKUP ACTIVELY ( as in
any changes are also made immediately) .. maybe some other words were
used.....? the catalogs onto the NAS and synch the catalogs o all the
computers to this file.

I have no idea of how to implement this, and I am hoping someone can
help me.....

My questions are:

Where and what is the backup command?? Is this done through the OS
commands or is there a special (Synology) command?

How to set this for an immediate backup?

How to set this so that you either less often or on demand set the
backup of the image files to the NAS?

It would have helped if I could find the article, but alas, that route
has left the building.

.? Thank you

-

Frank Filippone