Subject: [Leica] Testing macro lenses - thoughts on methodology ?
From: jnelon at nelonassociates.com (jnelon)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 07:47:00 -0400

Adam,
In my mind you're dealing with two completely different ideas here:
1) The subjective result of an image under controlled conditions, which will
yield whatever people see with subjective eyes in a bewildering number of
final settings.
And 2) an interesting laboratory measurement which will yield objective
results.

Both results should be very interesting. I tell my clients to use their own
equipment (iPhone, Droid, whatever) and save money paying for a Pro, unless
they're faced with 1) lighting issues (low/weird light), 2) distance
requirements (need to telephoto or perhaps micro) and 3) audio. And there is
always a fourth: experience getting the image. A Pro will, and you may or
may not.

Just my two cents.

Jim

James R. Nelon