Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on the SL2?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:40:56 +0930

Not that SL2 Mark.

I admit that naming things is hard, but Leica following Kodak?s long
established lead in things photographic of naming different things with the
same name (Tri-X and Tri-X Pro were completely different films with
different speeds, Medalist was a paper and a camera, Selectol and Selectol
Soft were totally different developers, I could go on and on - no wonder
they are a shadow of their former selves) is daft and counter productive.
Trying to find a Leicaflex SL-2 or information about it is now hopelessly
confounded with information about the Leica SL2.

But the worst name was given to a Pentax.  Years after an asterisk became a
standard search engine wildcard input, Pentax called a camera the *ist.
Seriously.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 at 2:48 am, Mark Kronquist via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>