Subject: [Leica] Film and Digital
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 04:56:35 +0800

Friends

I'm mostly pro-film at home and use only digital when I travel - carrying
only one camera.

Film costs have gone up. It's cheaper if you soup them yourself. But the
difference between a $10,000 digital M camera and a $3000 film M camera is
a lot of money to buy and soup film. And film can be archived. That HDD
holding the zillion invisible images will mostly be junked by your estate.

Film is slowly coming back, supported by young people who are eager to
explore outside digital. I'm now shooting and checking out a roll of Rollei
400 Retro.

Dan K.