Subject: [Leica] PRR Heritage Unit, Bristol TN/VA
From: cartersxrd at gmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 20:38:52 -0400

Depends on the run, shorter trains mean shorter runs. 70 is not unusual.

With the recent innovations of ?precision scheduling? trains are getting
longer to maximize resources. Computers are making distributed power more
and more common. That?s when you see locomotives in the middle and or end of
the train. I saw a notification this morning of a Norfolk Southern freight
going out today that was three miles long. Did not hear what the car count
was.

Ric