Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 17/7/2021: a portrait
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 19:54:28 +0200

I am now back from France after a brisk 1400 km drive yesterday, and
processing the many images. This one is a kind of retroactive PAD, since it
was taken on the 17th, and I have already posted the 18th. It is a portrait
of my uncle Joseph in his office at his house. This is where he prepares his
many speeches about his experiences during the roundup of French Jews, and
when he was still active in business, this was the heart of what I jokingly
called his empire. Today, it is decorated with what is important to him: his
family most of all (including photos taken by me, something that gives me
great pleasure), but also clippings of meetings with various dignitaries,
including French Prime Ministers and Presidents. I made several attempts at
a portrait in his office, many unsuccessful?not because he does not
cooperate, he does, but because he has a tendency to close his eyes at
inopportune moments. But this one worked:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4m6QbKN/A

The Stars and Stripes on his desk reflects his life-long gratitude to and
love of the United States. He has never forgotten the day in 1944 when the
village in which he was hiding from the Nazis was liberated by US troops.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 17/7/2021: a portrait)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 17/7/2021: a portrait)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 17/7/2021: a portrait)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 17/7/2021: a portrait)