Subject: [Leica] IMG: art in Madrid
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 20:57:15 +0200

Alicante is a pleasant place. We have good weather most of the year, good
food, a relaxed lifestyle and all that. But it is a bit of a cultural
desert, so from time to time  I go to Madrid for the day to visit my
favourite museums and enjoy the big city. I did that again last week,
visiting four museums: the Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza,  the Fundaci?n
Mapfre and the Museo Reina Sofia. There were interesting exhibitions in all
four museums. In the Prado, I saw an exhibition of romantic art. In the
Thysse-Bornemisza, the main attraction was Georgia O?Keeffe. At Fundaci?n
Mapfre, photographs by Bill Brandt and an ecletic selection from the
permanent collection. And finally, the Museo Reina Sofia, where the
highlight was an exhibition of contemporary Moroccan art, exactly the kind
of stuff I like to see?expanding my horizons. Since travelling is still
difficult, come along with me virtually:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/madrid_art_june2021/index.html

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: art in Madrid)
Reply from michiel at fokkema.eu (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] IMG: art in Madrid)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] IMG: art in Madrid)