Subject: [Leica] ICM
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:46:31 +0530

During the current lockdown from March, our second, I was bereft of ideas
as far as photography was concerned, chained as I was to the house, so, as
a diversion, and an attempt to get my photographic juices flowing again,  I
started experimenting with ICM (Intentional Camera Movement) abstracts
during my daily walks. ICM involves deliberately moving, zooming or going
in and out of focus during exposure, to get abstract images. Imagine the
sensor to be the canvas, the subjects to be the brushes and the light to be
the paints, and you get the idea. You need long exposures, so ND filters
would be needed during the day. I overcame this by mainly photographing at
dusk. I have only processed and cropped a few, and my initial set is here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/lockdown/ICM/

Please see Large (or as large as you can, some are small jpgs!)

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] ICM)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] ICM)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] ICM)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] ICM)