Subject: [Leica] Q2
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 22:48:08 -0400

I just recently tried out Gigapixel as well as the new PS Enhance feature.
I?ve only compared one image file so far, one with a fir tree in the center
and lots of needles to test the resolution.

GP is the clear winner over PS.

As far as cropping and enlarging to mimic a longer lens goes, the Q2 image
up-res?ed and cropped, both by a factor of 2, to mimic a 47 Mpx 56mm image,
is strikingly superior to a primary 50mm 42 MPx image. I have not yet
up-res?ed the Sony image, but I expect it to be correspondingly better, but
that would be wasted storage space except for the exceptional image that?s
going to be made into a 4? x 6? poster ? the take-home point is that if a 47
Mpx file has all the resolution I?ll ever need and ~50mm all the longer a
lens, then the Q2 hits the sweet spot for me. Actually, since 15-20 Mpx
might do it (15 looks fabulous at 13 x 21 inches on my 250-dpi iMac), then
the Q2 gives me the equivalent of ~ 90mm.