Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 20: my daughter turns 27 and gets a car!
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 19:10:15 +0530

Your chicken curry looks like the standard chicken curry to me. Do Pyaza
means "with onions" (Pyaz=Onions) so that gravy is usually a viscous semi
dry gravy of plenty of onions (chopped coarsely in large pieces), tomatoes,
red chili, turmeric, whole cumin, coriander seed, dried fenugreek leaves
(Kasuri Methi), ginger and garlic. When you cook vegetables "do pyaza",
okra being the usual candidate, it is a dry dish, with no gravy at all -
it basically becomes okra and onions sauteed in (traditionally) mustard or
sesame oil, tempered with a riot of spices! As you mentioned, this must be
the English version! Looks yummy, all the same!

Cheers
Jayanand