Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback Photo - Astronaut Michael Collins 1969
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 13:53:33 +0100

Great shot, Alan. A brave man, indeed. Just imagine what his watch would
sell for now.

The roads in an entire housing estate in Dublin were named after the
personnel and places in the 1969 moon landing - Tranquility Grove,
Apollo Way, Armstrong Walk, etc. However, in the middle of all these
evocative names is Woodville Court. The residents there were outraged
with the original name of Collins Rendezvous and voted in a plebiscite
back in the 1970s to change it to something more prosaic that evoked the
neighbourhood. From the name Woodville Court, one would imagine a
courtly sylvan avenue lined with impressive buildings, but no, not a
single tree to be seen other than the odd one in some front gardens.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3937451,-6.2113976,3a,75y,212.59h,97.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUVAVkMLO3W4xP_kNi0tGUg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

While there is a Collins Avenue close enough nearby, it's named after
Michael Collins the Irish revolutionary leader.

Douglas
PS Here's a great shot of the ISS transiting the sun last Friday week
which I saw on Reddit? https://i.redd.it/yj21yqooldv61.jpg