Subject: [Leica] IMG: Covid Copenhagen
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:38:41 -0500

On Apr 11, 2021, at 2:56 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote:

> I spent the Easter weekend in Copenhagen. The city was still under severe
Covid restrictions despite quite low infection rates?the Danes are careful.
Restaurants and bars were all closed except for a few that found it
worthwhile to open only for takeaway, and all shopping malls were closed
too. Non-essential shops on the high street had just been allowed to
re-open, but all museums and galleries remained closed. The only reason the
city does not look completely deserted was that the weather was beautiful,
drawing people out.

> Also, some of the images, especially the ones of the government district
towards the end, were taken early in the morning, so naturally there are
not many people out and about.

> Still, despite the restrictions, the city was beautiful:
>
> http://www.frozenlight.eu/cph_apr2021/
>
> The restrictions are now being lifted gradually. After Easter it became
possible to go for a haircut and such, but only with a negative Covid test
(or proof of vaccination). Similar restrictions will apply when restaurants
open later in April. The tests are free and widely available.

> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
Nathan, I just loved the tour of classic architecture and sculptures.
--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978