Subject: [Leica] IMG: Finally; A Pretty Day
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 14:26:15 -0500

After what seems like two weeks of rain, we have three sunny days
forecast.? I have a 4-person crew cleaning out the vines and trash trees
from my shrubs in preparation for trimming the shrubs. Boxwoods collect
a lot of vines and invasive plants in a year's time.? Here, the vines
were removed in preparation for a shaping trim.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210401-P4013809.JPG.html

A homeowner can make a lot of poor choices in 50 years.? The utility
lines run above my rear property line. I originally planted white pines
well inside my property line. They got too tall, interfering with the
wires, so the utility company said they must go.? They offered me
several types of replacement plantings. I chose a species of holly that
seemed attractive.? Things were fine until the holly branches reached a
height that provided a resting place for the squirrels that use the
telephone and fiber wires as a "high road". The resting squirrels chewed
into the fiber bundles, requiring the replacement of a section of the
fiber line.? The utility company that had planted the hollies then
required that they be cut down, which they did, leaving stumps about two
inches high. These sprouted regrowth which is now about four feet high.
This photo shows the female member of the work crew shaping up the first
of the hollies.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210401-P4013821.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols