Subject: [Leica] Oak Titmouse
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 08:49:46 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

The Oak Titmouse is a common year-round resident of California's foothills
in riparian area, open oak woodlands and many suburban yards, which is where
this bird lives: my yard.

This species is a member of the Paridae family, best known in North America
as the Chickadees.  Adorable and a pleasure to have around but difficult to
photograph because of their shaded woodland habitat, their energy level
suggestive of a bellyful of an energy drink, and the drab gray plumage that
makes it difficult to visually separate the bird from its surroundings.

There's not much I can do about the habitat or energy level but I thought
I'd try backlighting to create a rim light effect to separate the little
fluffball from the background:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/paridae/baeolophus/inornatus/baeino19.html

a7rIII, FE 600/4 GM
All comments are welcome.