Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook status
From: donlaw at mac.com (Don Lawrence)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 12:36:05 -0500

From: Brian Reid <reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us <mailto:reid at
mejac.carlsbad.ca.us>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at
leica-users.org>>

The deadline for submitting pictures to this year's yearbook was 11
February.

On 15 February I tested positive for Covid-19. You can imagine that the
reason I went and got tested was that I was feeling worse than awful. So
on February 12, when I should have started assembling the yearbook, I
just sat there and stared into space.

I seem to have recovered. I lost a month to Covid, but today I found
myself feeling good enough to get started on assembling the yearbook. It
went well, and I think I can finish it up in a week or so.

I want to dedicate this year's book to Ted Grant, who as you surely know
passed away in 2020. I figured that the name he was born with was not
"Ted", probably "Theodore" or "Edward", and spent more time than I care
to admit trying to find official documents, but can't find anything
authoritative. Does anybody know?

Brian,
So glad to read that you are recovering from Covid-19. It is a nasty virus.
My wife is over six months since testing positive and has several lingering
?long hauler? symptoms.
Very lucky that I was very close to her before she tested positive and
during ace afterwards but always tested negative.

Hope you continue to recover and don?t worry too much about the yearbook.

Stay healthy,
Don