Subject: [Leica] Wednesday Weeds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 05:53:32 -0600

Greetings to all.  We have mostly more snow and ice this week, which seems
odd since we are having lovely balmy spring weather.  First we find some
sago palm fronds bent vertical with an ice sheath:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Sago+fronds+sheathed+in+ice+2021.jpg.html

Many of our century plants were badly damaged by the sub-zero temperatures;
this one will lose most of it's parts:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/century+plant+in+distress.jpg.html

Taking a break from ice and snow we take a close look at a dandelion:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/radial+symmetry.jpg.html

This is what happens when non-native plants are hit with abnormal
temperatures:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/freeze+damage.jpg.html

Last for today is a vine on a fence I pass every time I walk to the grocery
store.  It is doing just fine.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/vine+survives+the+freeze.jpg.html

All the best.

--