Subject: [Leica] Wayback Photos: Composite Print For Research Publication
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:45:10 -0600

Since I'm stuck at home, I've been going through my archive of favorite old
pictures.  This pair highlights what it took to do something with film that
is easier now with digital photography.  Researchers came to our lab in
1982 with 14 4x5 Polaroid negatives shot through a microscope of a mouse's
tongue.  They
had put together a composite print from the positives, but the densities
were all over the place, and it wouldn't be good enough for publication, so
they
wanted a better version made.  I did it using RC paper and our Kodak
RoyalPrint processor.  I had to start at the bottom, and then work my way
up the tongue negatives, matching the overlapping edges as much as
possible.  The RC paper allowed me to check he matches right away and make
any adjustments.
It took two work days to finish.

The researcher's version: <
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Work/19820826_Tongue_Comp_1A.jpg.html