Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 10:20:21 +0100

Filomena is the name given to the winter storm that has blanketed most of
the Iberian peninsula with snow, shut down Madrid airport and all the
high-speed train lines except the coastal route Alicante-Valencia-Barcelona,
killed four people so far, and gave us a new temperature record for this
peninsula, -34C somewhere in the Pyrenees in the north.

But here on the coast, we just have wind, rain, and general nastiness, but
the temperatures are still in double digits (C) during the day. But the snow
is not far away; the mountains to the north and west where I usually cycle
now look like this when seen from our beach. As the crow flies, the distance
to those mountains is about 30 km, the view is somewhat compressed by the
230 mm lens on a Fuji X-T2 camera. The buildings in the foreground are the
centre of El Campello:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vdpw778/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena)