Subject: [Leica] Schoolhouse in Butler Center
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 22:38:25 -0500

Don,

It saddens me to see them used as garages and barns, they're always in bad
shape when that happens. There are a lot of them around here that have been
converted into houses, and they're all in nice condition, since people live
in them. I know of one that has been turned into a church.

I don't think they'd work well as modern schools. There are just too many
kids here. I was a teacher for Fort Wayne Community Schools for a few years.
We had 40,000 students and 50 schools in our district! Can't imagine how
many one-room schools would be needed to replace those 50 schools and house
40,000 kids. Keep in mind, too, that one-room schools only provided
education up to 8th grade. We had six high schools that each had 1500-2000
students!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

?On 12/28/20, 4:51 PM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    I'm glad that it hasn't been knocked down, but sad that the best use is
as
    a garage.  In the Covid days maybe a one room school house would be
perfect.

    --
    Don
    don.dory at gmail.com