Subject: [Leica] There are reports Nikon ending production in Japan
From: smithjeffery at mac.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 13:51:53 -0600

"After 70 years Nikon to end camera production in Japan, manufacturing
moving to Thailand by the end of 2021" - from Nikon Rumors.

I think Rollei moved 35 production to Singapore, and Pentax moved the K1000
production there too, about 40 years ago. Both of them seemed unfazed by the
new country. The K1000 has reached near-legendary status.

Jeffery

?On 12/24/20, 12:29 PM, "LUG on behalf of chris williams via LUG"
<lug-bounces+smithjeffery=mac.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Seems as it?s just camera production. I have not heard anything about
lenses yet. They are such a small company compared to Sony or Canon so not
really surprising.

    Chris Williams
    www.dcdocumentaryphotographers.com
    www.zoeicaimages.net