Subject: [Leica] thank you all
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 11:59:36 -0600

Brian, I have felt your pain.

Back in the day I was married to a nurse, I've had lots of doc friends and
I've spent a lot of time over 50+ years as a lawyer reviewing medical
records.  I find it fascinating but not surprising that it took someone of
your exceptional computer skills to get into the actual medical records
(what they call the chart) online to read them rather than the sanitized
versions made available to patient representatives via hospital 'portals'.

We went through a similar episode with the orthopedic surgeon who did one
of Janice's multiple hip replacements:  he kept saying she would have no
problem getting around our house.  He had no idea we live in a two story
house or what that meant, even though we had repeatedly explained that to
his and the hospital's staff.  I told that story to my PCP and he reminded
me of the old saying:  ' Do you know how to hide a million dollars from a
surgeon?  Put it in the patient's chart.'  Sadly, that is often true.

Be firm but kind with them.  They often don't realize what they do and if
it is outside of their very narrow field of focus it must be explained to
them.

Sort of like shooting with a Noctilux wide open, you might say..

Happier Holidays,

--Bob