Subject: [Leica] thank you all
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 07:30:44 -1000

My wife had a scheduled hip replacement a few years back.? We have a 2
story house with the bedrooms on the second floor.

She checked with her Doctor to see what special equipment she would
need.... he said nothing, that she would be able to climb the stairs
right after surgery.......? She insisted the Doc was right and she would
need nothing at home. She told me not to order anything, especially a
bed for the ground floor.? After almost 50 years, I had learned to take
a direct order.

Barbara went through the surgery fine.? No problems.? She was allocated
a few (2? 3? 4?? I forget) with PT every day.? She could hardly walk.? I
asked her again about the stairs..... and she checked with the Doc
again.... Nope, not necessary.

About the day before she is set to be released, SHE realizes, after
speaking with the NURSES, not the Doc that stairs would be impossible
for her.? I get told to order a bed. ( I had not entirely listened to
her, and had found the correct service to supply what she might need).?
I called, and had it delivered the day before she got home.? Catastrophe
avoided.

It took her 3 weeks to get the ability to climb those stairs...... and
back to her own bed.

So we are ready to leave the hospital, and the Doc had left a set of
directions...... and the nurses had a list of stuff to get...... which
they hand us 5 minutes before GO time.? This included strange bandages,
narcotic pain relief, and a set of to dos.? It took me 3 different
pharmacies to fill the pain meds order.... and the only place I could
get the bandages was at a special drug store ( only 1 in Long Beach).?
Docs and hospital staff have no idea of planning..... or of how to make
the overall experience less stressful.

My heart goes out to you and Victoria.? We had time to prepare.? You are
doing this on the fly.? It takes a lot.

All you can expect is that the results will put her as good as new.? You
will forget the rest.

Vent here.? Hang in there.

--

Frank Filippone