Subject: [Leica] 7Artisans and TTArtisan lenses compared to some German versions
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 07:24:04 -1000

The 35mm 8 element ?lens that Jim bought is made by Light Lens Lab and
is or was a very limited production model (998 made?). ? It is an 8
element design similar to the original design of the 35 Summicron.? The
Leica lens is a rare item and sell for upwards of $4-5K.? It is said to
have a very different signature to the later incarnations.
If you have to have one, look on eBay where there are a couple for sale
for $1200USD.
This is NOT the 7Artisans nor the TTArtisan lens. Those are of a
different design.

If you are a lens signature connoisseur, this may be a good choice for
you.....
or not.
Frank

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 3:15 PM Jim Shulman <jshulman at judgecrater.com