Subject: [Leica] Switched
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 10:40:02 +0530

Adobe is cheaper than its competitors if you upgrade every time, Luminar
has had four upgrades @ US$60-70 each in the last 18 months (Luminar 3,
Flex, 4, AI), On top of that they make you pay US$20 for additional preset
packs, some of which are essential. Capture One has an upgrade like
clockwork every 6 months at Euro  120-130 (upgrade charges), DXO always has
an add on, a Nik suite with cosmetic changes or additional presets, a
Viewpoint with new adjustments around for you to buy. Each of them always
has a very desirable feature that prompts me (at least) to upgrade.
Compared to them Adobe is the best, all upgrades come very seamlessly, with
no click and bait philosophy.

Let us remember that all software purveyors have to survive, and will find
ways to charge you periodically, by forcing you to upgrade. IMHO, the most
transparent is Adobe - you know what you are paying for the whole buffet,
delivered seamlessly to your computer. You might not like the system, or
think the charges are high, but there is nothing hidden there.

 Another subscription I use and find equally seamless and hassle free is
for Office, and it comes with fairly good and useful perks (terabytes of
free cloud storage, etc). Highly recommended for Windows users.

Cheers
Jayanand