Subject: [Leica] Opportunity to test lenses
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 20:24:20 -0800

Hi, Mark in Oregon here, North American Brand Ambassador for 7A and TTA
Lenses

I have some sample lenses from media reviewers I can LOAN to LUG members for
tests for a week or two

This is entirely trust based.

But LUGers are trustworthy!

(With Mr Reed?s Blessing we will put together a Christmas Festivus Etc
Special just for LUGGERS)

Good, bad or indifferent, I would appreciate opinions and sample pix

I have only a couple loaners in hand now and I may ask you to, when Fred is
done, please send it to Barney for more tests rather than back to me

We do have US Based Service Depot (heck they even rebuild M9 Rot
Sensors!!!!) Pretty dang good Leica repair gurus (I love DAG ? he just thrid
camed an  lens for me and others love Sherry and others) but, if you need a
awesome repair crew they are copied here (they are working on three of my
FrankenLeicas now?a IIc to IIf conversion (WHY>>>How did that make sense in
195x?  A five digit a that is a Standard Black with III IIIa Chrome hardware
(why?) and a M2 ST)

If there is a fatal flaw with a loaner lens send it there and let me know
(Jayesunn copied here)

I will share results and comments

IF YOU WANT (please ask) I will forward your and their contact info to TTA
and 7A if you do not want your cntact info shared that is fine as well!!!

I pay insured USPS Priority Mail or international first class you pay return
or forward (and let me know tracking/ for froward)

As more samples become available I will slug the headline SAMPLES and just
list the lenses

I have several sample sets and the SN may not match the box oh well. As long
as I can, I will include all the bits and papers

For Friday outbound post I have to ship for testing and comments (take a
week or two and really wring them out and like MG said, improve the
breed?and Safety Fast)

7 Artisans      50mm f1.1
7 Artisans      35mm f2.0

WHAT LENSES DO YOU WANT

(me a FAST 90 fast 135 fast RF coupled 180 (there was an RF coupled 200 in
LSM)  , LSM versions of all, a 30 pancake and a few others but they have my
wish list, what's yours?)

Mark

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Opportunity to test lenses)
Reply from zoeica at mac.com (chris williams) ([Leica] Opportunity to test lenses)