Subject: [Leica] OT: India, Indians and Whiskey
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 12:40:29 +0530

The pity is that most of these high end single malts are not available in
the local market at all, but exported to other countries - for example, you
get Lagavulin, or even Kavalan (a world class boutique distillery from
Taiwan, similar to the Indian ones) in Chennai easily, but not Amrut,
Rampur or Paul John.  The dregs, i.e., the bottom of the range, of both
Amrut and Paul John are usually distributed in the local market, that too,
only in some states,, and I have not seen Rampur on local shelves at all.
The only one which is drinkable, and distributed locally, is Amrut Fusion.

Cheers
Jayanand