Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 5: November plungers yesterday
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 23:22:34 +0000

Philippe and Don,
Thanks for the comments, but alcohol is the very last thing I would
drink before or after a swim - especially after, as my hands tremble and
shake: the water is very cold at Seapoint.
It's much colder in the winter than the deeper water at the more famous
Forty Foot. Conversely in the summer, it's much warmer. This is due to
the fact that the beach is long and flat, and the sea water inches up to
the high tide level over cold to freezing sand, getting chilled even
more. In January, February, and March, I never swim at Seapoint, but
instead head the 3 kilometres east-south-east to Sandycove.

Douglas