Subject: [Leica] Wind sewage and surf
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 14:25:47 +0100

I've been up to my eyes fighting a local planning aberration - hence my
lacklustre recent photography - but had to take my camera to do
something in relation to the appeal.

Because of a slight access difficulty, I decided to use one of my Pentax
lens collection - the M series 2.8/120 on a Fotodiox adaptor. The lens
seemed to work well enough on my various film Pentaxes, but I'm not too
sure about it on the Sony. Maybe I'll have to upscale the adaptor
quality? Thoughts? I'm also not excited by the Fotodiox on my Leica lenses.

This is virtually the same size as it came out of the camera, but tilted
.05? to level the horizon and minimally cropped to lose the blank bits.
The? image also had auto light levels applied, additional colour
saturation boost of 8 and was sharpened to 41 all in PSE, as it
certainly didn't look great straight out of the camera.

Kite surfing etc. taken at sewage outlet at West Pier, Dun Laoghaire,
Co. Dublin close to Seapoint swimming area.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/Kite+Surfing+Dublin+Bay+1+10_10_20.jpg.html

Sony A7II and Pentax-M 120/2.8 glass. Shot at either f8 or f11 1/1600s
at ISO 320. Detail can be seen at larger size.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Wind sewage and surf)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Wind sewage and surf)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Wind sewage and surf)