Subject: [Leica] I ordered a 180mm f2.8 Visoflex Lens
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 21:05:10 -0500

Mark, I had limited experience with one sample at KEH.  That single lens
exhibited classic fast lens from the 50's and early 60's.  Wide open
provided decent low resolution sharpness: meaning larger structures like
eyelashes rendered visibly but with reduced contrast.  Edge sharpness
wasn't available which wasn't a big problem. Most subjects fit this lens in
the center of the lens.

You will get a good impression reviewing the German 1936 Olympic images
taken with the Zeiss 180 Olympic Sonnar.  The Leitz lens has more contrast
and renders finer details better.   In all respects the Leitz 180 3.4 APO
is a much,  much better lens for general use.   For atmosphere and look
that old Viso lens is used to beat.