Subject: [Leica] Pixii Camera WHY M10 D
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 08:37:01 +0530

My take, looking at the still camera business worldwide, is very different.
Nikon has a much better chance of surviving than Sony or Panasonic's still
camera divisions - the latter two are so miniscule within their companies
that they are irrelevant, and the impact on the top line and bottom line
disappears in the rounding off of numbers for reporting. The first downturn
that hits the consumer electronics division of those two (especially
Playstation for Sony) is a time fraught with peril for the divisions, which
would be virtually the first to get shuttered being cost centres, and not
profit centres, as of now. Their best chance of survival is to merge with
the video camera divisions, which are huge, but that will have the effect
of the still camera operations being a tiny fish in a pond the size of Lake
Baikal! Interesting times ahead.

Even if Nikon gets sold, I expect the mount to survive, because nobody will
buy the company if not for the camera division. By the way, they have ample
cash on their balance sheet that their survival for the next few years is
hardly in doubt. I would modestly invest in the Nikon ADRs, as a great
contrarian play. I have already done so! :-)

Cheers
Jayanand