Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 16/9/2020: morning light
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 07:30:22 +0200

Thanks, Douglas, and indeed I was wrong?this tower is newer than the Moorish
period (which ended here in 1293 or so). It was built in the 1550s to guard
against pirates, and was part of a system of such towers along the coast.
Each tower had 4 men and 2 horses. If a pirate ship was approaching, 2 men
would ride to inform the nearby towns, while the other 2 stayed in the tower
and sent smoke signals to the neighbouring towers to alert them.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"