Subject: [Leica] House in Churubusco
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 21:31:33 -0400

Northern Indiana was never a prairie; this land was heavily forested when
Fort Wayne was founded in 1794, and the town was surrounded by swamps until
the late 19th century, when they were drained. The former wetlands were
farmed and the forests mostly cleared for more farmland.

Churubusco is about 8 miles northwest of Fort Wayne.

The small towns around here are full of large, fancy houses from the late
19th and early 20th centuries that show a prosperity that 'once was' in
these places. Churubusco is relatively well off, because several large
factories are still in operation, and it is close enough to Fort Wayne that
many residents have good jobs in the city while living in the small town.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

?On 9/18/20, 9:09 PM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    Ah, midwest exuberance from the glory years farming in the former tall
    grass praire.