Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc. correction
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 15:23:18 -0500

JIm, he is exercising what I have seen as typical Tuetonic thoroughness.
When we were last in Germany I visited with a craftsperson diligently
rebuilding a home in a center city with mud and twigs as that is how it had
been built in the distant past; of course the inside would be properly
insulated for efficiency.  I observed people sweeping the gutters of leaves
and picking up blowing trash and walking to a trash bin.  Even in
Fredricksburg here in Texas the old ways still exist mostly; Austin sits
right at the edge of the German settlements and if you stop and pay
attention in the small towns there are some shops where German is spoken is
you pay attention to the owners when no customers are present.