Subject: [Leica] Lockdown Doodling
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 09:48:19 +0530

Nathan, Philippe, Ric, Douglas, Alan,

Thanks for looking.

I am attempting to reinvent my photography - I have no idea when I can
recommence my street photography in dense, crowded bazaars or travel or go
chasing wildlife. Might as well use the chance to improve my eye for
composition!

This pandemic also seems to be throwing up opportunities to acquire
otherwise unobtainable kit. I suddenly got a call from Nikon India a month
ago enquiring whether I wanted their new, lightweight 500mm f5.6PF lens (it
weighs slightly less than a standard 70-200mm f2.8, and can be hand held
the whole day long) which is out of stock and unavailable all over the
world. I had casually put myself on a waiting list through my dealer when
it was released. They had just one in stock, and I purchased it because I
did not have a clue when I would be able to buy it if I let this chance go.
There are enough waterbirds to be photographed in and around Chennai, so I
should really start going to those areas.

Cheers
Jayanand