Subject: [Leica] Left Handed Cameras Exakta and you get Zeiss lenses
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 15:51:22 -0500

Mark,

This is a complex thread, so I won't delete anything.

Years ago, I bought a used Exacta kit, housed in a briefcase, from a
small Nashville camera dealer.? It did, as you say, have the release on
the left.? When the shutter eventually locked up, I picked up the
inexpensive "little brother", an Exa, in a pawn shop.? Though it had a
unique shutter mechanism/mirror combination that allowed no high shutter
speeds, it was rugged and reliable and accepted all of the Exacta
viewfinders and electronic flash. This was the basic kit I used for
holidays and birthdays during my later working years.? Its release was
also on the left.

Here is a picture of the Exa, with its Zeiss lens.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190113-P1137464.JPG.html