Subject: [Leica] Comet Neowise
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 10:14:05 -0400

Keep watching the comet over the next week. Although it?s outbound from the
Sun and getting intrinsically fainter, it?s approaching the Earth and will
make its closest approach on Wednesday. I don?t know what the effect of the
two opposing trends on its brightness will be, but it should remain well
visible in binoculars. Its path will be taking it higher in the NW sky
relative to the dome of twilight until about August 1-2, so there may be a
chance of seeing it in a sky that?s actually dark next week. I plan to try
imaging it through one of my tracking telescopes (for time exposures and
image scale) during that time.

?howard