Subject: [Leica] IMG: comet NEOWISE
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 08:23:53 -0700

I took my Sony 7mkII and my Fuji gfx100 out to spot the comet.

We arrived at our shooting location (less that idea since there were motion
activated pathway lights that our doggies triggered at odd intervals) about
8:30. We were able to see the comet about 9:20 or so. The cameras picked it
up before either of us could see it with binoculars!

I played around with the GFX100 with it?s 250mm lens to see how it would do
shooting this tower backlit by the sunset. I have used Topax AI noise and AI
Sharpener on this image. I like these programs a lot - but if you don?t want
to die of old age you need a SERIOUS graphics card. Each application pegged
the processor in my card for about 30-45 seconds at a time.

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/MiscUsage/Astronomy/i-X7BZHL6/A>

Finally the comet arrived. This first shot is from my Fuji camera with a
250mm lens:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/MiscUsage/Astronomy/i-BkNXhMT>

This one is from the Sony with a 400mm zoom lens taken about 5 minutes later:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/MiscUsage/Astronomy/i-8Gzn5VH>

And finally a full-frame image with some of the after-glow from sunset:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/MiscUsage/Astronomy/i-dGmLqCq/A>

Thanks for looking.

I should have shot with a higher ISO and a shorter shutter speed on all my
images. I?ll remember the next time.

Enjoy!

Adam

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: comet NEOWISE)