Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Vietnam
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 18:03:59 -0500

Don, you may have never encountered cock fighting.? When I was about 12
yrs old, in the early 1940s, I lived near an elderly gentleman who had
been interested in that in his younger days.? He explained it to me and
showed me some of the specialized gear involved.? If you will take a
close look at Tina's Champion rooster, you will note that the spurs on
the inside of the ankles have been surgically cut, leaving blunt stubs.?
During training, the stubs are covered with small, round pads that look
like little boxing gloves.? During actual fights, gaffs, made of
surgical steel, are attached to these stubs.? Her Champion is actually
the survivor.? Yes, there is money to be made, but it is from bets on
the outcome of the matches.