Subject: [Leica] IMG: First outing in 3 months
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:55:01 -0700

The State of Washington has reopened its state parks. We are still
keeping away from other people, But "they" are now saying that outdoors
is fairly safe as long as we keep our distance. So, we went on our first
outing since early March. Destination: Deception Pass State Park, about
1.5 hours drive north of Seattle.? It was wonderful to get out of the
city and into nature, and feel like human beings again.

Deception Pass is a saltwater channel between two large islands. Tidal
currents can run in either direction, the setting is beautiful, and
there's a bridge over it built during the Depression, with help from the
Civilian Conservation Corps. The bridge is undergoing maintenance right
now, but is still open. Here are a few shots from our visit.

A diving sea lion, taking advantage of the currents that funnel fish
into the central channel:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50049361627/in/dateposted-public/>

Me, appropriately attired:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50049361577/in/dateposted-public/>

Katya and Tilly.? My wife refused to be photographed with a mask. Here
we far well away from anyone else, so the masks were off:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50049105661/in/dateposted-public/>

I thought this driftwood log looked like a Tardigrade (Those cute
microscopic"Water Bears").
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50049361502/in/dateposted-public/>

A speedboat doing what speedboats do:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50048545498/in/dateposted-public/>

Taken with my Olympus E-M5, which remains blissfully unaware of its
impending orphan status, plus Panasonic 25/1.4 or Olympus 45/1.8. Enjoy!

--Peter

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] [LRflex] IMG: First outing in 3 months)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: First outing in 3 months)