Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers with Q2
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 16:52:05 -0700

The Q2 has what is called Macro, but owning the 100/2.8 APO I have a hard
time calling it "Macro".  Let's just say it focus close.  Now, with 47 MP,
that does leave room for cropping.  Here is what it can do.  View them
LARGE.  It is a Leica, after all.

Full frame:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Garden+Pansies-1000107.jpg.html

A healthy crop to get me to what I would call Macro.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Garden+Pansies-1000107-2.jpg.html

And real pixel peeping.  Cropped so it shows what 1:1 view in Lightroom
shows.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Garden+Pansies-1000107-3.jpg.html

Comments welcome.

Unfortunately, my Q2 is going on a trip.  What kind I am not sure.  After
taking a few night star photos, I noticed the edges are not up to par.  And
a distant landscape taken at 1.7 shows a marked difference from left side to
right side.  I sent the photos to Leica and their technician said something
is wrong with the centering. It is not normal.   Now I  have the personal
debate. Should I just return it to B&H for an exchange or should I send it
in for repair.  Not even three weeks in my hands an exchange seems to be
best, but it was pointed out that if I send it in for repair they will
fine-tune the lens to perfection and I will know all is right.  Of course it
might take months.  And of course something else could go amiss in the
process.  Tough choice.  Anyone want to chime in as to what I should do?

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Friday Flowers with Q2)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Friday Flowers with Q2)