Subject: [Leica] IMG: The American Starling
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 13:25:51 -0500

The Starling is one of my least favorite birds.? Since a Brit brought
them across the pond, they have prospered beyond belief and have become
a nuisance.? Traveling in flocks, they can empty feeders quickly.? Even
a suet block put out for woodpeckers can be torn to pieces in short
order.? But, while hoping for a woodpecker, and trying burst shooting
for the first time, I fired away at my first customer.? I had purposely
balanced the feeder gate to limit the access of larger birds, since they
scatter seed widely.? The Starling struggled to find a spot where he
could feed, and never came to the front side of the feeder.? He actually
looked more elegant peering out from behind the feeder.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200610-DSCF1876.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA