Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 04:09:23 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week we went outside Austin into the hill country.
Most of these were taken in the various fields in and around the
Padernales river just west of Johnson City.  We start with a long shot over
the wildflowers that are still quite abundant toward a grove of willow.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/willows+on+the+Padernales.jpg.html

Pecans are the state tree of Texas.  This is a long shot of a large grove
of pecans.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/pecan+grove+on+the+Padernales.jpg.html

LBJ is restining under this rather large live oak growing in the Johnson
family cemetery.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/LBJ+lies+below.jpg.html

The feeder road to the LBJ ranch is lined with live oak trees, happy
healthy live oak trees.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/oak+grove+TX+1+on+Padernales.jpg.html

Last we find a large wild area bordering a pasture that leads down to a
creek.  I found the transition from summer sun to deep shade somewhat
disturbing.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/into+the+forest.jpg.html

All the best.

--