Subject: [Leica] Hexar RF
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:59:38 -0500

Yes,  in limited cases the cam/ focus helical were slightly off from the
film plane.   A pretty good discussion of the importance of this is on the
latest lensrental blog on video camera flange distance variation and the
need to shim.

However,  if you're using a modest aperture at normal distances it is
irrelevant.   If you want to use a Noctilux at 1.2 meters wide open I would
suggest another choice.

In summary,  the Hexar is a solid camera that if priced well is a good
choice for shooting film.   I would arbitrage pricing on the Zeiss RF and
the various Cosina rangefinder offerings.   Then check out beater M6's.
Leica M's tend to drop radically in price in rough condition so can be
quite the bargain.