Subject: [Leica] IMGs: The CoVid Chronicles 40
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 20:48:24 -0500

On the contrary,  Life is looking up.  The virus is just about ready to be
ignored.  People are waking up and voicing their desire for change; the
violence looks to be quieting down so the actual voices can be heard
without the nasty distraction of lawlessness.  Most are realizing that
there are differing realities depending on station.  Solutions are being
worked out.  This might take generations but people of good will will do
their best to alter their behavior and teach better to the younger
generation.  This works all ways; there is truth on all sides of this
debate that need to be recognized and addressed.

I perhaps have a unique view on this.  My daughter is leading the reform
study/policy changes in Seattle.  This isn't just a police matter.
Leadership of cities do not give clear signals to the police or provide the
necessary training.  Here in Austin the police captain admitted he didn't
know who had access to the 40mm mortars or the bean bag guns.  Who is
providing oversight to the people we give guns to and permission to kill us
if we act in certain ways.  Additionally, in the community where is the
outcry when 10 young black men were shot down on the south side of Chicago
two weeks ago; this happens to a lesser extent in many american cities.  We
are in the third generation since the landmark civil rights bills of the
60's and yet we still don't have good schools, good parks, good libraries
in our inner cities.  This is not just a police problem, all of us need to
pull together to put the puzzle into proper order.

Last, I don't forget the truly abysmal human beings that will choke a man
for 8:46.  How could such an individual be kept in a position of authority
with 18 charges of misconduct against him.  Again, it is not just the
police union or the blue line.  Where were the civil authorities in this
very progressive city while the police were rotting from within?  Why are
our schools allowed to decay in the inner cities?  Using Chicago, the north
side schools are excellent with scholars going on to the best universities
in the world.  On the south side very much not so much.  It is not the
residents, the drug business on the south side demonstrates initiative,
capability, innovation, and adroit maneuver to a changing tactical
situation.

Rant over,  Your wife doesn't need to find the rare and elusive black and
white lilly seeds.  You just need to move that saturation slider to the
left;  I say this because when you take away the color you pay more
attention to the nuanced whites of the lily which I at least see when I
look at a live one.  Really just a suggestion as I do respect the artists
vision of what they wanted to do with a work.

All the best.