Subject: [Leica] Cutlass Court Cannibalism
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 22:27:47 -0700

Thanks Jim,
I must post the photo again at a higher resolution so
you can enlarge it. The wings do look very aerodynamically graceful.
Howard

Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 22:27:28 -0500
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net <mailto:jhnichols at
lighttube.net>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at
leica-users.org>>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Cutlass Court Cannabalism

Hi Howard,

In an unregulated world, the fittest survive.? It was obvious in earlier
photos that one was weaker than the other.

Your final photo of the male in flight is one of the best flight shots I
have seen, showing the individual feathers and how they change the wing
shape to suit the mode of flight.? I may have mentioned this
previously.? Dr. August Raspet, who headed the Aerophysics Dept. when I
was in college, in the late 1940s, trained a buzzard to fly alongside
his sailplane so he could observe the tips of the wings while in flight.