Subject: [Leica] NASA Space Vehicle Mockup Facility
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 17:31:56 -0700

Here are a few photos taken inside NASA's Space Vehicle Mockup Facility
in Houston. Astronauts train here for future missions to the
International Space Station, the moon and Mars. It's hard to believe I
was there only 3 months ago, near the end of the "before-time."

This shot is particularly interesting because a NASA technician is
training a robot for a future Mars mission.? I wondered about the pickup
truck.? It turns out that they use it to teach the robot how to open doors.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49943265091/in/dateposted-public/>

Here's the rest of my picks, showing ISS module mockups and such:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49942752458/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49943265161/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49943265191/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49943561352/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49943561392/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49943265261/in/dateposted-public/>

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 20/1.7 (40mm equivalent). Our large tour
group was packed into a narrow hallway above the facility, with thick
glass windows.? I don't remember seeing the Space-X Dragon mockup, but
we were being moved along fairly quickly.? View large and full screen if
you can.? Enjoy!

--Peter

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] NASA Space Vehicle Mockup Facility)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] NASA Space Vehicle Mockup Facility)